PineBookPro ALARM

This forum is for discussion about general software issues.

PineBookPro ALARM

Postby tallfrye » Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:55 am

I've emailed the maintainer of the PBP ALARM ISO. I'm not sure how often they attend to this as it has been over a year since it looks like anything was done over at github. The Pine64 forums have been down for a few weeks.

I had an install from about a year ago that worked, until I lost power while updating and corrupted pacman. I'm trying to go in and rescue it with a live USB of the ISO, but can't connect to the internet. It doesn't seem to have iw, iwd, or any wifi tools whatsoever. It doesn't have lsusb for me to check on the radio status. It doesn't have chroot for me to make a connection with the older install on the PBP that still works (except for pacman).

Is there a way to use pacman on a live USB to add packages from a local file system to the one on the USB stick?
tallfrye

Re: PineBookPro ALARM

Postby tallfrye » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:00 pm

Anyone have an idea what happened with this at all? I tried chrooting to use the old iw install with the live USB, but the ISO doesn't have arch-chroot or even chroot. This can't even be used for a regular install can it?

The ALARM version from a year ago I had installed didn't have any of these problems, it installed pretty much like x86 Arch, though I do recall some problems configuring the GUI later on. The only difference is this time I took the time to verify the download, is somebody uploading counterfeit versions that are actually complete packages?
tallfrye

Postby tallfrye » Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:15 am

Okay, looking to salvage the old install instead. Pacman tries to update, but gets to:
[code]looking for conflicting packages...
warning: could not fully load metadata for package linux-firmware-20230404.2e92a49f-1
error: failed to prepare transaction (invalid or corrupted package)[/code]
I searched through /var/cache/pacman/pkg/ for a .part file and found nothing. I did find linux-firmware-20230404.2e92a49f-1-any.pkg.tar.xz

Any chance I can just edit out the '-any' and make pacman happy enough to go through the update process?

Any idea what that particular package is for? I don't see any details when I search for it.
tallfrye

Postby pudge » Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:25 pm

If you are looking to install a fresh Archlinux ARM aarch64 based OS on your PineBook Pro, an image is available here.

"https://github.com/endeavouros-arm/images/releases"

look for "ddimg-pbp-20240215" (0215 is the month day of release and will change in the future)

click on it and then download the enosLinuxARM-pbp-latest.img.xz file and the .sha512sum file.

After checking the sha512sum simply use your favorite flash burner to burn the image to a micro SD.

HTH

Pudge
pudge

Return to General