Frequent unmounting | POGO-E02

This forum is for discussion about general software issues.

Frequent unmounting | POGO-E02

Postby mike1800 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:20 pm

Linux ignoramus here - I have been running Arch Linux with Samba on my POGO-E02 for some months now, following some of the instruction from Slickdeals post https://tinyurl.com/perm8gk.

Of late, the HDD attached to the POGO seems to be unmounting by itself frequetnly. Each time I have to run Putty and then
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'blkid -o list -c /dev/null ') and $this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt/usbstick')

However, after each automatic unmount, the sdb1 changes to sdc1 then sdd1, then sde1....

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.
mike1800

Re: Frequent unmounting | POGO-E02

Postby Socaltom » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:53 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('mike1800', 'L')inux ignoramus here - I have been running Arch Linux with Samba on my POGO-E02 for some months now, following some of the instruction from Slickdeals post https://tinyurl.com/perm8gk.

Of late, the HDD attached to the POGO seems to be unmounting by itself frequetnly. Each time I have to run Putty and then
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'blkid -o list -c /dev/null ') and $this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt/usbstick')

However, after each automatic unmount, the sdb1 changes to sdc1 then sdd1, then sde1....

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Your fist command is basically useless, you are asking the for the id numbers of all the filesystems, then telling it to send the list to /dev/null, so you will always get a blank list.

if you want to know what is mounted, you can try "mount" or I prefer "lsblk"

Tom
used to be owned by me
Pink Pogo V2, Black Pogo V3, Zyxel NAS 325 v1,
used to be Adminstrator for
Goflex net, Black V3, Black V2
Now I have a couple of raspberry pi ( 3+ and 4)
Socaltom

Postby mike1800 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:02 am

Thanks Socaltom, but that is not my problem. My problem is the automatic unmounting of the attached HDD.
mike1800

Postby WarheadsSE » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:16 am

based on the drive jumping around, check your dmesg for the USB resetting.
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Return to General