Nexus 7 2012 acpi or battery problems

This forum is for discussion about general software issues.

Nexus 7 2012 acpi or battery problems

Postby grubenm » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:57 am

Hey all,

I recently installed Arch Linux on my Nexus 7 (2012) primarily by following ylixir's guide and it's awesome.

What wasn't awesome is that on day 2 the ArchNexus box died (I'm thinking that the battery completely discharged) :( and it's charging while booted into Kali Nethunter as I post this.

While it was alive, I was sure to issue $this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'acpi -b') and later $this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'acpi -V') to check the Nexus' battery status, which it indicated as "charging," but the percentage was always listed as 0% and there was no CHARGE_FULL or CHARGE_FULL_DESIGN value.

Question: Is there a package, configuration, or other tweak I'm supposed to be using to keep my ArchNexus phablet charged, charging, and generally alive? acpi doesn't seem to be suitable, and I'd like to be able to know my discharge status :D

Mods: After reading the forum posting rules, I'm pretty sure my problem is software- and not hardware-related. That said, I'm aware that the Tegra T30L processor which the Nexus 7 (2012) contains doesn't appear to be officially supported by ArchARM at the moment. If for any reason this post is improper or needs to be moved, I apologize for the oopsy.
grubenm

Return to General