how the packages were made for armv5

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the ARMv5 repo.

how the packages were made for armv5

Postby summers » Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:10 pm

Hi,

Just reforming the HDD on my NSA325 to increase the root partition from 2 to 4GB - this should hopefully give me some free space again, machine has been close to 100% disk usage for some time, which meant couldn't do updates.

Anyway armv5 is no longer supported, so no updated packages. But I wonder where the scripts that you used for doing the packages available? I guess you downloaded the package build files direct from arch linux, then compiled with the cpu pointed to armv5, either by flag or by changing the file. Then in many cases applied patches as need.

So is all this code available, at least up to where it was last maintained? I can then try and set up a build farm on one of my machines, probably the pocket beagle - as its up most of the time.

Ta,

David.
summers

Re: how the packages were made for armv5

Postby moonman » Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:46 pm

The packages that needed to be modified are still available on github: https://github.com/archlinuxarm/PKGBUIL ... 73e65eb4f7

To build for armv5 have a look in /etc/makepkg.conf , specifically CARCH, CHOST and CFLAGS . You can find the flags that were previously used in https://github.com/archlinuxarm/PKGBUIL ... n/PKGBUILD

Some packages had specific armv5 patches and/or flags specified within PKGBUILDs that you can also find on github links above
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Postby summers » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:13 pm

OK I've make makepkg.conf, but get errors like:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'makepkg --config /home/summers/nsa325/makepkg.conf
==> ERROR: pacman is not available for the 'arm' architecture.')
So what have I missed?
summers

Postby moonman » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:50 pm

Either add 'arm' to the "arch=" array in the PKGBUILD or build with
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'makepkg -A ...')
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Return to ARMv5