Sheevaplug installer?

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the ARMv5 repo.

Sheevaplug installer?

Postby domanov » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:19 pm

Hi all,

I have run the sheeva with ALARM for several years without major upgrades. Today I wanted to replace uboot and the 3.10 kernel with the latest, and I bricked everything.
I would do a fresh install, but the installer linked on the installation page is not up. Can someone help me with that?
Cheers,
domanov
domanov

Re: Sheevaplug installer?

Postby domanov » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:04 pm

Hey guys,

thanks, the link to the installer has been fixed...
however it won't work anymore.

I managed to make the php script work deleting a couple of offending lines; but it dies on the openocd command

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('', '
')openocd/config/board/sheevaplug.cfg:23: Error: invalid subcommand "cp15 0 0 1 0 0x00052078"
in procedure 'sheevaplug_reflash_uboot_env'
in procedure 'sheevaplug_init' called at file "openocd/config/board/sheevaplug.cfg", line 117
in procedure 'arm926ejs' called at file "openocd/config/board/sheevaplug.cfg", line 23
**** openocd FAILED
**** Is the mini USB cable connected?
**** Try powering down, then replugging the Sheevaplug

I tried arch's stock opencd, AUR's openocd-git and also -git-ftdi, but no luck.
The cable is the same I always used (years ago...), so I don't think it's a problem of the mini-usb cable.
Ideas? Any help?

The situation now: I have U-Boot 2016.03-2 (Mar 15 2016 - 23:15:09 -0600) Arch Linux ARM installed and reachable by JTAG, the system was installed on a MMC card, maybe I just only need to fix the u-boot bootargs to revive the system...
any help much appreciated.
Cheers,
Domanov
domanov

Return to ARMv5