Kernel Too Old

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the ARMv5 repo.

Re: Kernel Too Old

Postby guywmartin » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:05 pm

Hey All - I'm still SSH'd into an active session on my PogoPlug, but, as others have stated, almost every command gets the FATAL message...

I have the USB boot stick from my original installation (prior to the linux-kirkwood package being available). I searched through the forum, installation instructions, and wiki, but I can't seem to find the original instructions on how to build the boot stick and boot from there with the new linux-kirkwood package.

Any pointers to resources or suggestions on how to manually grab, unpack and replace /boot contents for this device? I have my system on an external USB drive, but no readily available Arch desktop to plug that drive into in order to copy the proper files to /boot.

Can I boot from the original USB stick installation and somehow recover that way?

Thanks.
guywmartin

Re: Kernel Too Old

Postby polskifacet » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:18 pm

Boot up a Ubuntu live CD on pretty much any computer, extract the kirkwood image and just copy \boot over. Its that easy.
polskifacet

Previous

Return to ARMv5