Sonarr on Pogo

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the ARMv5 repo.

Sonarr on Pogo

Postby sjwoo » Sat May 20, 2017 2:05 pm

Has the Pogo gone by the way of the dodo? I've installed Samba, Sonarr, Radarr, webmin, and NZBget on a pogo and though it works (I'm using a 1GB flash drive as a 768MB swap file -- I know it's gonna kill it, but I got many drives and can afford to kill them), when I add new shows to Sonarr, sometimes it just locks up everything. Eventually things come back to normal, but it seems like maybe I need to move to a RPI v3 or something. Thoughts?

- Sung
sjwoo

Re: Sonarr on Pogo

Postby moonman » Sat May 20, 2017 9:37 pm

It locks up because it swaps in and out probably. There is not enough RAM to run all that. You would probably need 512 as a minimum. I would consider going armv7 with 1GB ram. RPI is alright for most things except NAS because of limited shared usb 2.0 bus. Look into odroid xu4
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Postby sjwoo » Sun May 21, 2017 1:29 pm

Thanks for the tip. You know, as long as I don't try to hit both Sonarr and Radarr together, the system kinda still works, so I'll see how long I can make a go of it. I guess I should be thankful at all that it's all functioning considering how underpowered this system is!
sjwoo

Postby sjwoo » Sat May 27, 2017 8:38 pm

Just a quick note -- I got the Raspberry Pi 3 and now I can run everything -- Sonarr, Radarr, NZBGet, plus Samba -- and it all runs like a dream. If there's any of you still struggling with trying to get these more modern apps to run on the Pogo, spend $35 and get a Pi -- I got everything to run with all the default settings in under an hour. :)
sjwoo

Return to ARMv5