Unable to SSH into Pogoplug Mobiles

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the ARMv5 repo.

Unable to SSH into Pogoplug Mobiles

Postby mrhuge » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:23 am

I currently have THREE Pogoplug Mobiles, all of which are different flavors of dead, even though one of them is new out of the box and one previously had Debian installed and seemed to be fine.

#1: Just took it out of the box 15 minutes ago, plugged it in to ethernet & power, green blinking LED then solid red. I can see that it has been assigned an IP address by my router and I can ping that address, but I cannot run the backdoor "curl -k" command to get SSH access (curl: (7) couldn't connect to host)

#2: This one had Debian installed and seemed fine. At some point several months ago I must have done something wrong, because it stopped being accessible via SSH and stopped showing up as a Samba server on my network. It *IS* still grabbing its same IP address from the router.

#3: I spent some time tinkering with this one but I think I had problems with it right from the start. When I plug it in the LED blinks green and never turns to a solid color, and it never finds an IP address from the router.

Is there anything I can try to get even one of these working to install Arch or Debian? Preferably without buying the serial cable, but if I have to I can try that.

Thanks for any advice...
mrhuge

Re: Unable to SSH into Pogoplug Mobiles

Postby WarheadsSE » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:44 pm

Your best bet for all of them is going to be a serial cable.
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Return to ARMv5