ArchLinuxARM-armv5te-latest is missing ifplugd

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the ARMv5 repo.

ArchLinuxARM-armv5te-latest is missing ifplugd

Postby larrybaker » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:52 am

Several posts (e.g., viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4675, viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4996) describe problems with netcfg not starting a DHCP Ethernet interface at boot. I had the same problem. It also occurs when a static IP address is assigned and the cable is not plugged in a when the system is booted.

The root cause of these problems is that ArchLinuxARM-armv5te-latest is missing the ifplugd package. ifplugd will bring up the network interface when the link state changes to up -- there is no need to insert artificial delays (PRE_UP="sleep x") or a systemd workaround service (ifconfig up; ifconfig down; ifconfig up; dhcpcd).

The next time ArchLinuxARM-armv5te-latest is prepared, it needs to have the ifplugd package installed.
larrybaker

Re: ArchLinuxARM-armv5te-latest is missing ifplugd

Postby mon » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:52 am

Any fixes? I suspect I'm also suffering from this one.
mon

Postby WarheadsSE » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:37 pm

I wouldn't say that it is "missing" per se, since it is an extra/ package, and in no groups at all. Could be useful in your case, yes.
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Postby kmihelich » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:25 pm

A new version of the rootfs was uploaded 4 days ago and has ifplugd.
Arch Linux ARM exists and continues to grow through community support, please donate today!
kmihelich
Developer

Return to ARMv5