v2 doesn't boot after installation

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the ARMv5 repo.

Re: v2 doesn't boot after installation

Postby grayman4hire » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:40 pm

@silbersw, please try this for me...

Reinstall Arch Linux ARM on your USB drive, including the uboot (and have it reset the uboot to default when asked).

After the first reboot, try the following:
[Ninja Edit]
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '
pacman -Sy uboot-env
echo "/dev/mtd0 0xc0000 0x20000 0x20000">>/etc/fw_env.config

#Have uboot mount partition as ext3
fw_setenv usb_rootfstype ext3

#Correct machid - make LED Green versus Orange
fw_setenv machid dd6

#double check if ethaddr is blank
fw_printenv ethaddr

#if you get: ##Error: "ethaddr" not defined
#use the MAC found on the bottom of your pogoplug
fw_setenv ethaddr "XX:XX:XX:XX:XX"

')

Was your ethaddr defined? Thanks

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('silbersw', 'H')ey guys,

I have the same problem. I installed ArchLinux on a usb stick on my Pogoplug V2 yesterday. After the installation archlinux will boot from my USB and I can ssh to it and configure stuff. BUT! After the first reboot the network interface won't load and the archlinux is not accessible via ethernet...

Only thing I can do is to plug off the usb stick, boot into pogoplug os and mount the usb stick. That gives me access to the archlinux file system on the usb device...

Any ideas? I really would like to use it as plex media server.
grayman4hire

Postby silbersw » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:27 pm

YOU ARE THE MAN!

Thank you very much for your help my pogoplug just rebooted without loosing network connection. I'm so happy :)

I will go on installing plex and all the stuff and I will report if the error comes back.
silbersw

Postby silbersw » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:30 pm

I used all commands you wrote in your last post except fw_setenv ethaddr "XX:XX:XX:XX:XX" because fw_printenv ethaddr already showed me my pogoplugs mac addr :)
silbersw

Postby grayman4hire » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:40 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('silbersw', 'I') used all commands you wrote in your last post except fw_setenv ethaddr "XX:XX:XX:XX:XX" because fw_printenv ethaddr already showed me my pogoplugs mac addr :)

Okay, not sure why any of my commands would of helped the situation. I thought you were missing the ethaddr as a couple of people have mentioned.
grayman4hire

Postby silbersw » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:10 pm

Oh my god =/ Same problem again...

It worked for the last few days and yesterday after installation cups I rebooted it and it didn't came up... again removing the usb device let's me boot to my original pogoplug.

Any other ideas? I can't ssh to my usb so I'm not able to use fw_printenv ethaddr to check if my ethaddr is right.... Or is there a workaround`?
silbersw

Previous

Return to ARMv5