Stopping SYSSTAT Logging

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the ARMv5 repo.

Stopping SYSSTAT Logging

Postby steadybright » Wed May 28, 2014 8:24 pm

I have two Pogoplug E02s running Arch Linux ARM. I set up both of them using the same tutorial, but I apparently did something different on one of them.

Sysstat is generating log files in /var/log/sa on one of these Pogoplugs, but not the other. These files are named sa## and sar##.

I want sysstat to stop generating these log files, but I can't find the setting to tell sysstat to stop. Here's what I've checked so far:

I've compared the following files on each Pogoplug, and they are each identical to their counterpart in all cases:
1. /etc/cron.d/0hourly
2. /etc/cron.daily/sysstat
3. /etc/cron.hourly/0anacron
4. /etc/cron.hourly/sysstat
5. /var/spool/anacron/cron.daily
6. /var/spool/anacron/cron.monthly
7. /var/spool/anacron/cron.weekly
8. /var/spool/cron/<USER> (including root)

I also thought perhaps both Pogoplugs were trying to write log sa/sar log files, but one couldn't due to permissions, but I verified that both Pogoplugs are 755 from /var through /sa for all users.

I would simply uninstall sysstat, except that I like iostat for LED activity on the Pogoplug E02.

So it looks like I'm missing the configuration file that's telling sysstat to create these log files on the one Pogoplug. Does anyone know which file that would be?

Thanks,

steady
People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered. Love them anyway.
steadybright

Return to ARMv5