Plex on Pogoplug v4: can't add library, no agents

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the ARMv5 repo.

Plex on Pogoplug v4: can't add library, no agents

Postby jpde » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:26 am

So, today I installed alarm on my new Pogoplug v4 (mobile) using the instructions provided on this website, installed Samba etc and things worked fine with just a few minor hiccups which I attribute to me not having a lot of experience with Linux.

Setting up Plex, however, seems more difficult. I simply installed it using "pacman -Sy plexmediaserver" and started the service but something isn't working correctly since I can't add libraries (the "language" dropdown is empty). I googled a little and there were some instructions on the plexapp-website that ask you to delete "Framework.bundle" and "System.bundle" in /opt/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/. So I stopped the server, did that, started the server, waited for a while and.. nothing's different.

Then I uninstalled the package and tried the instructions given here: http://blog.qnology.com/2013/03/tutoria ... linux.html Those use a precompiled package by moonman. There's been no change, though.

So I thought I'd look at the logs.. here's a pastebin: http://pastebin.com/6xifQxQZ

And another pastebin from after I removed the package and reinstalled it: http://pastebin.com/a4xXFTFA

What I also find curious is that there's no real setup thing. Nowhere does it ask me for my plex username, there's no "updates" about plex news etc. All it has me do is accept the terms and conditions. At this point I have pretty much no idea what I could do. I added both the root account and my personal account to the plex-group, did "chown -R plex:plex /opt/plexmediaserver" (although that's already done automatically I think?)

edit: output of systemctl status -l plexmediaserver:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', ' plexmediaserver.service - Plex Media Server for Linux
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/plexmediaserver.service; enabled)
Active: active (running) since Sat 2014-08-09 03:57:27 CEST; 14min ago
Process: 1126 ExecStart=/opt/plexmediaserver/start_pms (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 1133 (Plex Media Serv)
CGroup: /system.slice/plexmediaserver.service
├─1133 /opt/plexmediaserver/Plex Media Server
├─1231 /opt/plexmediaserver/Plex DLNA Server
├─1277 Plex Plug-in [com.plexapp.agents.lastfm] /opt/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/Framework.bundle/Contents/Resources/Versions/2/Python/bootstrap.py --server-version 0.9.9.10.458-008ea34 /opt/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/LastFM.bundle
├─1281 Plex Plug-in [com.plexapp.agents.htbackdrops] /opt/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/Framework.bundle/Contents/Resources/Versions/2/Python/bootstrap.py --server-version 0.9.9.10.458-008ea34 /opt/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/HTbackdrops.bundle
├─1702 Plex Plug-in [com.plexapp.agents.none] /opt/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/Framework.bundle/Contents/Resources/Versions/2/Python/bootstrap.py --server-version 0.9.9.10.458-008ea34 /opt/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/PersonalMedia.bundle
└─1710 Plex Plug-in [com.plexapp.agents.plexthememusic] /opt/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/Framework.bundle/Contents/Resources/Versions/2/Python/bootstrap.py --server-version 0.9.9.10.458-008ea34 /opt/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/PlexThemeMusic.bundle

Aug 09 03:57:27 alarm su[1131]: (to plex) root on none
Aug 09 03:57:27 alarm su[1131]: pam_unix(su:session): session opened for user plex by (uid=0)
Aug 09 03:57:27 alarm su[1131]: pam_unix(su:session): session closed for user plex
Aug 09 03:57:27 alarm systemd[1]: Started Plex Media Server for Linux.
Aug 09 04:09:31 alarm start_pms[1126]: Error starting framework core for /opt/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/The-Movie-Database.bundle.
')

At this point I'm pretty much expecting the fix to either be incredibly simple or incredibly complex. Does anyone have any ideas? It's 3am and gonna give up for now :D Any help is appreciated. If you need more info, just ask.

edit2:
Looks like I actually got it to run :)
I did use the prepackaged one again but this time before running it i used both chown and chmod to give plex:plex ownership and chmodded 777. When I first started I noticed things were looking differently in the process overview with processes for plugins apparently running. At first it only showed agents but the language dropdown was still empty. I waited a bit, tried it again, didn't work, stopped plexmediaserver, started it again, didn't help. Waited some more. Rebooted. Waited... aaand.. I could actually add stuff to the library. My project is still kinda screwed since I'm apparently sitting behind a NAT in my dorm but hey, at least I can watch stuff on my tablet without having to copy it over.
jpde

Return to ARMv5