Cannot ssh into Goflex Home

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the ARMv5 repo.

Cannot ssh into Goflex Home

Postby foursdude » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:00 am

I installed Arch Linux on my GFH years ago, and it worked fine until a few weeks ago when I did a pacman update. Now I can't ssh into it, but could still ping it.
I tried creating an USB from this thread: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3312&p=19207#p19207. But it didn't work - the light doesn't light up after boot and I don't see it on the network.
What's the best way to rescue it?
Thanks!
foursdude

Re: Cannot ssh into Goflex Home

Postby WarheadsSE » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:01 pm

This might be due to the kernel package installed on it at the time of the upgrade, if you haven't updated in a long time.

Your best option is probably a base install on a USB stick, then plugging in the hard drive after that has booted and repairing your HDD install via chroot
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Postby foursdude » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:05 pm

Thanks. Can you reference the steps for "base install on a USB stick"? I tried the approach in the link above, but I couldn't boot with that USB drive.
foursdude

Postby WarheadsSE » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:22 pm

- Create a USB thumb drive from a linux machine, based on the offocial; instructions from the installation page.
- Remove SATA drive
- Insert USB drive
- Boot

If that does not work, there might be another issue depending on the age of your u-boot.
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Return to ARMv5