Seagate NetFlecx stop working - HELP!

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the ARMv5 repo.

Seagate NetFlecx stop working - HELP!

Postby kbaggen » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:30 am

Hi there,
I had Alarm running on Seagate NetFlex with 2 drives, I removed the second rive and now alarm do not let me enter thorugh SSH anymore!

I am 100% the drive I removed was just the backup not holding any system files, or at least when I installed it was not part of system!

So where to begin! As it is a bit long since I set it up and hence first question is: SSH port is 22 or?
(dont think I changed it etc...!)

Help appriciated :-)
kbaggen

Re: Seagate NetFlecx stop working - HELP!

Postby moonman » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:54 am

Ssh port is 22. Did you have the second drive mounted via fstab? Depending on how you did it in fstab could be the cause of your problems. Why not put the drive back and see if it boots up?
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Postby kbaggen » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:13 am

Was in need for using it somewhere else...so took it out as I never really go to use it for anything! Apprently I must have moved some systemfiles over too it by playing around..........did a lot of playing!

1). So it is time to restart, so do I use your guide from you signiture to start all over?
2). if no drives is attched shouldent I be able to SSH in still?
kbaggen

Postby moonman » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:34 am

1. You can probably still recover by checking fstab on another linux machine. If you want to start clean, yes, just follow the guide in my signature or the official one accessible via main page.
2. I may be wrong, but I don't think any version of uboot for gfnet ever had the ability to boot stock os. After you are done recovering you can look into the rescue system explained in the guides section of this forum.
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Postby kbaggen » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:51 pm

Moorman,
I followed you guide to bring back my NetFlex on a 20 GB 2.5" HD, and it boots up fine and I can enter by the alarm:alarm login, but I cannot login though root!

IT seems I have forgotten my orginal root passwaord (and root:root do not work)!

So what to do?

Antone knows?!?!?
kbaggen

Postby kbaggen » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:46 pm

kbaggen

Return to ARMv5