Cannot log in with ROOT

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the ARMv6h repo.

Re: Cannot log in with ROOT

Postby summers » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:43 am

Progress that you can log in fine.

Now onto root - I'm not sure that copying the password from alarm to root will work, problem is its encrypted, so even if you use the same password it appears in /etc/shadow differently (due to salt).

So the way that passwords are deleted is to just remove *ALL* text between the :: which means no password. Make sure when you edit it though that you don't remove any ":" - that is used to separate the fields - so need to make sure you have the right number of fields.

IIRC ether "su" OR "login" are a bit fussy when logging in as rot without a password. Try both, and when asked for the password just hit (return).

[TheSaint: Problem is how do you edit a root file, when you don't have root access - thats why you pop the sd card ...]
summers

Postby TheSaint » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:16 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('summers', 'w')hen you don't have root access

Yeah, it's the general case when the password is lost, or inconsistent. The it needs to access from another system (which can read/write ext? file system)
TheSaint

Postby bhaules » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:29 am

I meant that I took the sad card and put it into another Linux machine so I could edit it.
bhaules

Postby TheSaint » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:27 am

I'd say that some time it fails to recognize the password.
For my brand new installation, certain time I've to repeat 5 times.
TheSaint

Postby bhaules » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:03 pm

Installed everything from scratch. Everything is working now. Don't know what happened.
Thank you very much guys for your support.
bhaules

Previous

Return to ARMv6h