[SOLVED] iwd

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the ARMv6h repo.

[SOLVED] iwd

Postby dk23 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:20 pm

I wanted to setup Pi Zero W using iwd (no wired ethernet). I prepared a SD card, copied iwd-1.18-1-armv6h.pkg.tar.xz and ell-0.44-1-armv6h.pkg.tar.xz to alarm user directory, edited config.txt for serial console. The pi zero booted. I installed the two packages and enable/started iwd.service. Using iwctl I was able to connect to my wifi. But did not get an ip address. wpa_supplicant, and system-networkd are running. I also edited /var/lib/iwd/ .psk file and added an IPv4 block rebooted. wlan0 is up but no ip address is assigned to the interface.

Used the same procedure on pi 3+, with the same result. If I plug a network cable in eth0 get an address on eth0 I updated the system and tried booting without network cable. wlan0 is up but no ip address.

Thanks
Last edited by dk23 on Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dk23

Re: iwd

Postby robg » Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:57 pm

The symptoms you describe often point to multiple network managers conflicting with each other. Since you explicitly mentioned running iwd alongside wpa_supplicant and systemd-networkd, I suggest that you disable the latter two and try to connect to your access point using iwd only.
robg

Re: iwd Solved

Postby dk23 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:38 pm

Thanks for the help.
disabled systemd-networkd and wpa_supplicate

added [IPv4] block to /var/lib/iwd/(station).psk file
created /etc/iwd/main.conf
[General]
EnableNetworkConfiguration=true

reboot
network up with ip address dns and gateway
dk23

Re: iwd

Postby robg » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:51 am

Glad it worked for you.
Kindly prepend [SOLVED] to your topic's title so that future users facing this problem can find a solution.
robg

Return to ARMv6h