removing LVM from archarm install

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the ARMv6h repo.

removing LVM from archarm install

Postby jamithy » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:15 pm

hi all,

I somehow have LVM installed and starting up as services on my new and shiny ArchARM install (raspberry pi zero w).

These are the services and the socket that starts under systemd-analyze blame: lvm2-monitor.service, lvm2-lvmetad.service, and lvm2-lvmetad.socket

Looking here: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/LVM#LVM_commands_do_not_work

I get no-output from any of the following commands:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'lvs')
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'vgscan')
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'vgchange -ay')

So what I believe this is telling me is that there is no local volume groups in use (which I'm happy about if that is the case)

So I've tried to simply:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'systemctl disable lvm2-monitor.service') and $this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'systemctl stop lvm2-monitor.service')
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'systemctl disable lvm2-lvmetad.service') and $this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'systemctl stop lvm2-lvmetad.service')

The services keeps being restarted upon booting. I think it's down to the lvm2-lvmetad.socket that starts it.

So, is it safe for me to disable the socket (somehow), based upon the info that I've found so far please? Only reason i want it gone, is that it'sadding 8.5 secs to my startup time! :(

Many thanks in advance! :)
jamithy

Return to ARMv6h