Need help compiling hyperion for xbmc

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the ARMv6h repo.

Need help compiling hyperion for xbmc

Postby tehnatural » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:49 pm

Hey guys, I'm a noobie when it comes to compiling and arch linux in general. I am hoping someone can help me out with what I need to download from the AUR as it is all based on debian distros.

The compiling how to specifies that these packages are required, I can find some of them, but overall I'm not sure what to grab as most names dont mach what is available on AUR:
git, cmake, build-essential, libprotobuf-dev, libQt4-dev, libusb-1.0-0-dev, protobuf-compiler, python-dev

https://github.com/tvdzwan/hyperion/blo ... eHowto.txt

any help would be greatly appreciated as I've been banging my head against the wall for quite some time attempting to get it to work for me.

-teh
tehnatural

Re: Need help compiling hyperion for xbmc

Postby tehnatural » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:22 am

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '[ 37%] Building CXX object libsrc/effectengine/CMakeFiles/effectengine.dir/Effect.cpp.o
/root/hyperion/libsrc/effectengine/Effect.cpp: In member function 'virtual void Effect::run()':
/root/hyperion/libsrc/effectengine/Effect.cpp:53:104: error: 'Py_InitModule4' was not declared in this scope
PyObject * module = Py_InitModule4("hyperion", effectMethods, nullptr, thisCapsule, PYTHON_API_VERSION);
^
libsrc/effectengine/CMakeFiles/effectengine.dir/build.make:166: recipe for target 'libsrc/effectengine/CMakeFiles/effectengine.dir/Effect.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [libsrc/effectengine/CMakeFiles/effectengine.dir/Effect.cpp.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:792: recipe for target 'libsrc/effectengine/CMakeFiles/effectengine.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [libsrc/effectengine/CMakeFiles/effectengine.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:75: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2')

for some reason this did not make it on to the first post... my apologies.
tehnatural

Re: Need help compiling hyperion for xbmc

Postby moonman » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:23 am

It is likely related to the fact that Arch uses a newer version of python, on top of that the binary is called python2 and not just python (which is python 3 and not compatible).

Contact the developer, he may be able to help out.
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Return to ARMv6h