Recent Changes in architecture-detection?

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the ARMv6h repo.

Recent Changes in architecture-detection?

Postby JensOtt » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:17 am

Hi Guys,

I am running a bunch of Raspberry PI as Console-Servers for our switches/routers in remote-locations, maintaining the Raspberries over foreman/puppet.

As we have a bunch of own (local) packages we maintain an own local repository, which made us rolling /etc/pacman.conf with the corresponding repository included via puppet on all of our arch-linux-systems.

Until now this pacman.conf contained the line

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'Architecture = auto')

which worked pretty fine. For some weeks now, the puppet on the Raspberry-PIs stopped working and complained about:

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'error: failed to prepare transaction (package architecture is not valid)')

Investigating a little further I finally found that setting

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'Architecture = armv6h')

solves this issue. As far as I remember uname -a always returned armv6l instead of armv6h did anything change in pacman's autodetection of architecture recently?

Maybe it would be a good idea to fix that back, as I am pretty sure, that I am not the only one running into this issue.

Best regards
Jens
JensOtt

Re: Recent Changes in architecture-detection?

Postby WarheadsSE » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:12 pm

Hrm.
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Re: Recent Changes in architecture-detection?

Postby kmihelich » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:21 pm

Architecture in pacman.conf has never been set to auto. You need to examine what we provide before overwriting them and claiming it's our problem.
Arch Linux ARM exists and continues to grow through community support, please donate today!
kmihelich
Developer

Return to ARMv6h