[Fixed] Read Only Filesystem after Pacman Update

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the ARMv6h repo.

[Fixed] Read Only Filesystem after Pacman Update

Postby kc3 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:13 am

I've been an arch user for several years however I only started using a raspberry pi for a few days, obviously I felt the best choice of OS was Arch :) however I did a pacman update tonight and rebooted, all of a sudden my file system is read only. I've checked /etc/fstab to see if anything has changed, I've mounted the microsd into my laptop and I've even ran e2fsck to check and repair the file system and nothing has worked. I don't believe the micro sd has gone bad as it works perfectly fine in my laptop, any ideas? Thanks in advance

[Update] lol I fixed this myself, okay so with the default setup /dev/mmcblk0p2 was not in fstab, idk it worked fine however after the update it obviously stopped. I just put my sd in my laptop and added /dev/mmcblk0p2 to mount on / with default settings and it worked fine :D
kc3

Re: [Fixed] Read Only Filesystem after Pacman Update

Postby winlu » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:26 pm

or you could fix your $this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '/boot/cmdline.txt') where the root mount is actually done
winlu

Postby kc3 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:21 pm

Oh I didn't know about that, thanks, I may keep it as it is though. I prefer having my mounts in the fstab file.
kc3

Postby korbai » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:45 pm

I encountered the same, bootcmd not solve my problem, but adding root to fstab solved.
korbai

Postby qijionly » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:33 am

add a 'rw' in /boot/cmdline.txt just before rootwait
and never change the 'root=/dev/mmc0p5' to 'root=/dev/mmc0p2'
qijionly

Return to ARMv6h