pacman returns 404

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the ARMv6h repo.

pacman returns 404

Postby pipipi » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:45 am

I've so far been able to install several packages from the Archlinux ARM mirror, but some (including python2-setuptools and multiple dependencies for vim) fail with a 404 from mirror.archlinuxarm.org. I've got the OS installed pretty much stock on a 14.5GB SD card in a Raspberry Pi (I've added one user and installed sudo and python), downloading over a wired internet connection.

My questions are: Are there good alternate mirrors I can use, is there a reason some packages appear to be missing from the official repo despite being listed on the packages page (is there a known issue?), and is it possible I made a mistake somewhere to have caused this?

Eample output:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '$ sudo pacman -S python2-setuptools
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (1) python2-setuptools-1:12.3-1

Total download size: 0.29MiB
Total installed size: 1.90MiB

::Proceed with installation? y
::Retrieving packages...
error: failed retrieving file 'python2-setuptools-1:12.3-1-any.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.archlinuxarm.org : The requested URL returned error: 404
warning: failed to retrieve some files
error: failed to commit transaction (unexpected error)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.')
pipipi

Re: pacman returns 404

Postby moonman » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:18 am

Package got updated on the mirrors and you didn't sync package listings .
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Re: pacman returns 404

Postby pipipi » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:18 pm

Thanks for the help! Everything's working fine now. I can't believe I forgot to update.
pipipi

Return to ARMv6h