Pulseaudio Whole Home Audio

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the ARMv6h repo.

Pulseaudio Whole Home Audio

Postby imsherlock » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:39 pm

Hi All! I've been searching the forums and Google for a couple days now trying to get my whole home audio distribution setup with Pulse. I've used pulse long, long ago but haven't touched it since and some things have changed. What I am trying to do is:
1) Have my Raspberry Pi play audio through my home speakers (done)
2) Have the RPi setup as a pulseaudio source (sink? not sure on the nomenclature here) so another device can send audio to it (not sure how to do this 100%)
3) Have my Pogoplug mobile connect to the RPi pulseaudio server to send audio (using a tunnel or RTP, still not 100% sure what to do)
4) Have the pogoplug allow bluetooth connections from remote devices to forward audio to RPi
I've got some basic configuration done with the RPi pulseaudio defaults.pa here:
load-module module-native-protocol-tcp auth-ip-acl=127.0.0.1;192.168.1.0/24 auth-anonymous=1
load-module module-zeroconf-publish
And on the pogoplug default.pa:
load-module module-zeroconf-discovery
load-module module-bluetooth-policy
load-module module-bluetooth-discover
load-module module-tunnel-sink sink_name=rpi server=alarmpi sink="alsa_output.usb-0d8c_C-Media_USB_Audio_Device-00-Device.analog-stereo"
I was also to manually get the pogoplug to connect my Nexus 7 with bluetooth using bluetoothctl, but I'd like have this happen automatically with any device. Any ideas?
Cheers!
imsherlock

Return to ARMv6h