Power cable Y splitter?

Plugging in devices such as LAN adapters, Wi-Fi cards, printers, etc. to Arch Linux ARM.

Power cable Y splitter?

Postby tramusen » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:51 pm

My second plug should be showing up at some point today, and I am running out of outlets in my surge protector. Pogoplug Pros (and probably other devices) use a standard C7 connector. (C7 is the connector, C8 the matching socket.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEC_60320#C7.2FC8_coupler

These cables are used on countless devices, from Pogoplug Pros to DVD players to camera battery chargers. With the Pogoplug not drawing a lot of power, I have been wondering if there is a way to clean up my cable clutter a bit. Has anyone seen a C7 Y-cable? (Either two C7 ends with a C8 end - preferred, or two C7 ends on a single power cable) Being able to tie two or more of these into a single power cable would help clean things up for me a lot, and with an ethernet switch in the mail, I need all free sockets I can spare.

I'm hoping to ultimately put the innards of 2+ plugs into a rackmount, so Y cables might be of use there as well, though a custom cable with a C14 (standard computer PSU) socket on the bulkhead and a bunch of C7 leads on the inside might be where I wind up going. Until then, I'm not really wanting to go splicing and heat-shrinking cables together.

Not interested in a larger surge protector, this is more for just using as few cables as possible.
tramusen

Return to Hardware