Xbox power supply cable for DockStar

Plugging in devices such as LAN adapters, Wi-Fi cards, printers, etc. to Arch Linux ARM.

Xbox power supply cable for DockStar

Postby jgirot » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:07 am

Hi Everybody,
I'm new to the board and have some interesting stuff to share. I got a couple Dockstars a few months ago and have been doing some fun stuff with them. Specifically, I wanted to post about how I am using an old Xbox power supply to power my Dockstar and a couple hard drives. I'm up to 2TB, powered off the Xbox power supply, and it all fits into the original Xbox case. It's just 2 external hook-ups, ethernet and power cord. Take a look at my blog post and tell me what you think.

http://blog.ultravstudios.com/james/2010/08/28/xbox-dockstar/

James
jgirot

Re: Xbox power supply

Postby hojnikb » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:12 pm

As for me, i just taken the 4 pin connector from an old cheap mouse and it fitted perfectly.
So if you have a spare mouse and need a serial connection, that could be the way to go, instead of buying xbox connectors.
Although i may just be lucky to have mouse with that kind of connector.
+°´°+,¸¸,+°´°~ +°´°+,¸¸,+°´°~I ♥ my DockStar :oops:~°´°+,¸¸,+°´°++°´°+,¸¸,+°´°~
Linux = Be root
Windows = reboot

+°´°+,¸¸,+°´°~DockStar, Marvell CPU @ 1.2Ghz, 128MB RAM, 4GB rootfs + 160GB°´°+,¸¸,+°´°+
hojnikb

Re: Xbox power supply cable for DockStar

Postby perryl9008 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:59 pm

Very cool. It is really neat when people can take old stuff and make good use out of it. There ought to be a site where everyone can post stuff like this. Do you all know of something of the sort?
perryl9008

Return to Hardware