USB Vga adapter?

Plugging in devices such as LAN adapters, Wi-Fi cards, printers, etc. to Arch Linux ARM.

USB Vga adapter?

Postby blurry » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:44 pm

What would happen if I plugged in a usb vga adapter? Are there drivers for that in the Arch Linux ARM install kernel or do I have to go find/compile/modprobe them to get working? It would be interesting to plug in a keyboard and hack from the Arch Linux ARM install directly. You know, just 'cause. ;-)
blurry

Re: USB Vga adapter?

Postby ykmag » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:19 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('blurry', 'W')hat would happen if I plugged in a usb vga adapter? Are there drivers for that in the Arch Linux ARM install kernel or do I have to go find/compile/modprobe them to get working? It would be interesting to plug in a keyboard and hack from the Arch Linux ARM install directly. You know, just 'cause. ;-)

Is it a displaylink adapter, what is your kernel version? I am running 2.6.35.4 and display link is working, is is just a modprobe away:)
"modprobe udlfb"
ykmag

Postby bzboi » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:27 am

Has anyone successfully gotten a sisusb device like the Startech USB2VGA to work? I see drivers on the web, but it would be great to get firsthand confirmation before I get one.
bzboi

Postby TheDestroyer » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:14 am

yeah i tried that before and it works fine.
TheDestroyer

Postby perryl9008 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:00 pm

I have the Startech USB2VGA working. It really gave me no problems. It is great when you get things to work with little effort. Sadly, that is not always the case when you are dealing with Linux.
perryl9008

Postby tebuffer » Tue May 24, 2011 3:14 am

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('perryl9008', 'I') have the Startech USB2VGA working. It really gave me no problems. It is great when you get things to work with little effort. Sadly, that is not always the case when you are dealing with Linux.

hello perryl,

would appreciate if you could share some info on how to get the startech usb2vga working. I just bought one and trying to figure this out.

thanks in advance,
teb
tebuffer

Return to Hardware