Edimax EW-7811Un USB-Wifi failing on linux-cubox

Plugging in devices such as LAN adapters, Wi-Fi cards, printers, etc. to Arch Linux ARM.

Edimax EW-7811Un USB-Wifi failing on linux-cubox

Postby replabrobin » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:55 pm

I have used the method of http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=11162 to build the latest 8192cu.ko.gz for my cubox with linux-cubox latest and find that it cannot connect properly/easily to my home AP.

I tried the same device on my sheevaplug and find it works well on that machine. I'm just wondering if there's something about the cubox hardware that could be the problem. In both cases I'm using the same command ie

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'wpa_supplicant -ddd -Dwext -cwpa_supplicant.conf -iwlan0')

on the cubox I have managed to connect a couple of times after a long struggle, but it doesn't work reliably. The driver seems able to scan etc etc, but the WPA2 validation seems to fail. On the sheevaplug the validation works easily.

Is there anything special about the cubox (kernel 3.5.1 arm7h) versus the sheeva (kernel 3.5.2 armv5tel) that could point the way to making this work?
replabrobin

Re: Edimax EW-7811Un USB-Wifi failing on linux-cubox

Postby N30N » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:55 pm

I've been happily using rt8192cu with a EW-7612UAN V2 for a while now. PKGBUILD can be found on the AUR (remember to blacklist rtl8192cu).
N30N

Return to Hardware