Dell 1130 printer

Plugging in devices such as LAN adapters, Wi-Fi cards, printers, etc. to Arch Linux ARM.

Dell 1130 printer

Postby Hexorg » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:42 pm

Hey guys, I'm new on this forum, since I just got Raspberry Pi 2 days ago and decided to install Arch linux on it. Arch linux was actually my first linux distro, it's good to be back :)

Anyway, I'm trying to run a few server daemons on the raspberry, and so far it all was good, but now i'm trying to set up a printer to work. It's Dell 1130 mono laser printer. Dell was nice enough to provide a ppd for it from Dell's Support site. But after I added a printer, and tried to print a test page, cups' error log now has

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'E [27/Nov/2012:18:23:48 +0000] Dell_1130_Laser_Printer: File "/usr/lib/cups/filter/rastertosamsungspl" not available: No such file or directory
E [27/Nov/2012:18:24:47 +0000] Dell_1130_Laser_Printer: File "/usr/lib/cups/filter/rastertosamsungspl" not available: No such file or directory
')

The archive that dell provides DOES have those files, but they are only i383 and x86_64, and now I'm stuck.
That archive also has a "noarch" folder which seems to have some source code, but I can't seem to figure out if it's possible to compile that for the ARM. So my question is "is it possible to obtain those filters for an arm architecture"?
Hexorg

Re: Dell 1130 printer

Postby Hexorg » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:30 am

Oh ok so after looking theat file for a while I found an article that says as long as the client PC has that file working, it should print. You just wouldn't be able to print off the raspberry pi itself. Which is ok for now. So after setting up samba shares, I was able to successfully print a test page remotely.
Hexorg

Return to Hardware