Hisense C11 Fresh Install Hangs

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the ARMv7h repo.

Hisense C11 Fresh Install Hangs

Postby danlewis » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:52 pm

On a fresh install, my boot process hangs on 2 "start job running" messages:

Network Service
Create Volatile Files and Directories

I have previously run Archlinux on this device before. Documentation followed is here:

https://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv ... mebook-c11

What should my next steps be? Or, is the current image broken?
danlewis

Re: Hisense C11 Fresh Install Hangs

Postby XDjackieXD » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:53 pm

I'm currently facing the exact same issue on a Medion S2015 Chromebook (effectively the same hardware as the Hisense C11).
I'd guess that the current image is broken :/

Edit: Here the bootlog extracted from the USB drive after killing the boot process by holding down the power button (after it trying to start said two services for about an hour): https://chaosfield.at/files/Chromebook_ ... ournal.log

Update (4.2.2019): Disabling systemd-networkd, systemd-resolved and systemd-timesyncd by removing the symlinks from /etc/systemd/system fixed the issue and the system booted successfully
XDjackieXD

Re: Hisense C11 Fresh Install Hangs

Postby danlewis » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:56 am

Your suggested workaround did the trick. Thank you.

However...I cannot seem to get a GUI to run. I installed lightdm, gnome, etc. Not getting much useful log info other than a module "sg" fails to load in the systemd-modules-load.service run. I'm not sure that this module is or does.

This used to work for me on the C11 with my old build.

Update: Ixde is now running with minimal effort. That may be what I used last time around. I'm still getting the error on the systemd-modules-load. I'll put together a more detailed error report when I have some time.
danlewis

Return to ARMv7h