[libreoffice-fresh 7.2] document recovery loop

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the ARMv7h repo.

[libreoffice-fresh 7.2] document recovery loop

Postby unformatted » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:42 am

I'm on RPi4 arch armv7l using LXDE desktop. Recently I upgraded my system and went from libreoffice-fresh-7.1.5-1 to7.2.0-2. As soon as I open a document or even create an new document, a libreoffice document recovery dialog pops up, asking to recover the document. If I choose to do so, after pressing "finish" the document recovery dialog pops up again. This keeps on going until you choose not to recover. But then, as soon as you want to open a document or create a new document the document recovery loop starts again.

I already completely removed libreoffice-fresh using pacman -Rns, removed the ~/.config/libreoffice directory and installed libreoffice-fresh again but the problem remains. On 2 other RPi4's and 1 RPi3, also armv7 and LXDE desktop, libreoffice-fresh 7.2.0-1 is installed and they have the same issue. There are no libreoffice entries in the journal.

I downgraded all RPi's to libreoffice-fresh 7.1.5-1 (I don't have 7.1.5-2 in pacman cache) and then libreoffice works normal. I seems like the error is introduced in libreoffice-fresh 7.2, at least on armv7 architecture.
unformatted

Re: [libreoffice-fresh 7.2] document recovery loop

Postby robg » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:58 am

I don't observe this issue on my up-to-date 64bit RPI 4 install. Have you tried some basic troubleshooting such as downgrading Libreoffice to make sure it is indeed the culprit (and not, for example, some QT-related UI component)? Can you open a dummy .odt file downloaded from somewhere?

Unfortunately, it appears that Libreoffice has no easy debugging/log flags.
robg

Postby unformatted » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:24 am

Like I said I downgraded all my Pi's to libreoffice-fresh 7.1.5-1 and that works fine.

I tried
- closing libreoffice, deleting ~/.config/libreoffice directory and start libreoffice again.
- creating a new document from template and I tried lots of .odt, .ods and .odg which were working fine before upgrading recently.
- running libreoffice in safe mode.

I have armv7 on all my Pi's. They all were fine until upgrading to libreoffice 7.2.
unformatted

Postby unformatted » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:08 am

I just completely removed libreoffice-fresh (pacman -Rns) and installed libreoffice-still, which is latest version 7.1.6-1. And that's working, so my conclusion would be that there's a problem with libreoffice-fresh version 7.2 on armv7.

@robg: you say you'r on 64bit, are you sure you have libreoffice-fresh and not libreoffice-still?
unformatted

Postby robg » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:29 pm

It is indeed version 7.2:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '[alarm@alarm ~]$ pacman -Qi libreoffice-fresh
Name : libreoffice-fresh
Version : 7.2.0-2
...')

Unfortunately, it also seems like there are no other user-owned config files (besides the ones you already deleted) that could be responsible for this behaviour:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '[alarm@alarm ~]$ find ~ -name libreoffice
/home/alarm/.config/libreoffice
')

Have you tried installing the Flatpak version: https://flathub.org/apps/details/org.li ... ibreOffice?
If it works, we can pin down the problem to some library mismatch. If not, it would be best to continue this thread in a github issue on https://github.com/LibreOffice.
robg

Postby unformatted » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:40 am

Well, I installed the flatpak version and that's working BUT the libreoffice flatpak verion is 7.0.1.2, that's even older than the 7.1.5-1 version which is working on my armv7 system. So correct me if I'm wrong but I still believe the problem lies in the 7.2 package version for armv7. It would be nice if someone with an armv7 system could confirm this.
unformatted

Postby robg » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:31 pm

Alas, I thought the version information on Flathub (7.2.0.4) was valid for all architectures.
As you wrote, at this point I guess we'll have to wait for someone else running Libreoffice on ARMv7h.

The only other idea I can think of at the moment (if you have a spare SD card) is to see if there is a v7.2 .deb file of Libreoffice that you could test with Raspberrypi OS.
robg

Re: [SOLVED] [libreoffice-fresh 7.2] document recovery loop

Postby unformatted » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:02 am

Today I upgraded and now libreoffice-fresh is on 7.2.1-2 which is working. So the problem was indeed in the armv7 package. Thanks @robg for your support.
unformatted

Return to ARMv7h