[rpi4] problems with disconnecting eth0 interface ?

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the ARMv7h repo.

[rpi4] problems with disconnecting eth0 interface ?

Postby tomasm » Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:29 am

Hello,

Ive had this problem for a while and since i've found lots of internet support forums for the rpi4 which determined that the eth0 interface in the device was faulty. i gave no second thought to it and switched to wireless.

last weekend i've decided to look more into it and realized at some point in time i enabled systemd-network for the eth0 interface and also the netctl ifplugd service for the same interface.

This made the connection bounce on and off every 5 seconds making my life living hell.

naturally i disabled one of the services and the system was up and running again.

Leaving this here since it might happen to someone else too.

Cheers

Tomas
tomasm

Re: [rpi4] problems with disconnecting eth0 interface ?

Postby robg » Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:28 pm

Thank you for contributing back with shared knowledge, tomasm!

For future troubleshooting, remember that ArchLinux ARM is - quite literally - just an ARM port of the standard ArchLinux for AMD64. As such, you should always start by consulting the ArchLinux Wiki; your question is answered here.
robg

Re: [rpi4] problems with disconnecting eth0 interface ?

Postby tomasm » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:20 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('', 'T')hank you for contributing back with shared knowledge, tomasm!

For future troubleshooting, remember that ArchLinux ARM is - quite literally - just an ARM port of the standard ArchLinux for AMD64. As such, you should always start by consulting the ArchLinux Wiki; your question is answered here.

Yes, you are right. But since ive seen countless questions regarding raspberry pi 4 and eth0 losing a connection i thought i would leave this here for others facing a similar problem.
tomasm

Return to ARMv7h