[SOLVED] Odroid C1, network and SSH

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the ARMv7h repo.

[SOLVED] Odroid C1, network and SSH

Postby MichelPeseur » Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:11 pm

Hi,

Updated my Odroid C1 and it cannot connect to network anymore (kernel 3.10.107-5)

I tried to plug it to a screen using HDMI to see what happends, but it does not output anything (I searched about this specific issue on the forum, including binding mini USB OTG to HDMI plug for grounding, but no result).

Meanwhile, blue led blinks. The only way I found to access the FS is mounting it using a eMMC to SD adapter and a memory card reader, then arch-chrooting inside.
I found some errors with DHCP client in system log.

I then tried to replace systemd-networkd and systemd-resolved with NetworkManager. The result is slightly better, as I can now see the device on the network. However, I can't connect to ssh (connection refused), it seems the sshd does not run, despite being enabled.
I also tried to start with a freshly installed alarm, same issue.

I found on the forum some topics about network issues with the odroid c1, but I don't now whether it is still relevant.
At a push, I don't mind replacing systemd-networkd/resolved with NetworkManager, but for the SSH one, I have no idea.

Could someone help ?
Last edited by MichelPeseur on Sat May 27, 2023 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MichelPeseur

Re: Odroid C1, network and SSH

Postby InFerNo » Sat May 27, 2023 2:49 pm

Are any of these steps useful? It's what I have written down from my installation.

$this->bbcode_list('1')
  • Install ntpd
    $this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'pacman -S ntpd
    systemctl enable ntpd
    systemctl start ntpd')
  • Static IP configuration
    Edit /etc/systemd/network/eth0.network
    $this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '[Match]
    Name=eth0
    [Network]
    Address=192.168.10.99/24
    Gateway=192.168.10.254
    DNS=192.168.10.254
    DNS=8.8.8.8
    ')
  • Disable systemd-resolved to be able to resolve DNS requests
    1. $this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'systemctl disable systemd-resolved')
    2. reboot the system

• If not, consider using an older version of ALARM. sshd had an issue recently that has been resolved, but I don't know if that latest ALARM image has this fixed package. I resorted to an image from 2020 (19 january 2020) and then updated with pacman to the latest packages.
    InFerNo

Re: Odroid C1, network and SSH

Postby MichelPeseur » Sat May 27, 2023 4:46 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your response.

Some days after I posted the topic, I managed to get my odroid back again. Since I tried several things at once, I was not sure which one did the trick. I should have answered my own message, though.

The only thing that I can say is that I replaced systemd-networkd with NetworkManager.
    Also, my openssh is 9.3p1-1.
    MichelPeseur

Return to ARMv7h