xf86-input-libinput and xorg-server are in conflict

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the ARMv7h repo.

xf86-input-libinput and xorg-server are in conflict

Postby altiris » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:02 pm

I am trying to update my Rpi2 which hasn't been touched in a while and I keep getting "xf86-input-libinput and xorg-server are in conflict X-ABI-XINPUT VERSION>=23"

I have removed xorg-server which got rid of the message when doing whole system upgrade so I did one. However, when I try removing xf86-input-libinput it says target not found. I try to reinstall xorg-server I get same message, I trt installing the xf86-input-libinput that works and then I try installing xorg-server it tells me the two packages conflict but this time it gives me the option to remove the xf86-input-libinput but then I get an error saying that xorg-server require that package....what's going on here I am stuck in a loop?
altiris

Re: xf86-input-libinput and xorg-server are in conflict

Postby altiris » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:47 pm

5 views not one reply? I was lookin forward to watching a movie, does anyone have any ideas at all?
altiris

Re: xf86-input-libinput and xorg-server are in conflict

Postby Kabbone » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:08 pm

just do a downgrade until it gets updated (I don't know what is planned there)
But why are you just deleting packages if it clearly says, it will not be compatible with the actual version, especially if you plan to use it just a few minutes later.
Kabbone

Return to ARMv7h