Ras Pi 2 xorg-server Install Errors

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the ARMv7h repo.

Ras Pi 2 xorg-server Install Errors

Postby Blaze5565 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:46 am

Hello,

I've just been trying to get a GUI working on my Raspberry Pi 2 B, but both xorg-server and weston give 404 errors when trying to install. It's not just an internet connection problem, because installing other packages work just fine. Some parts of the download work fine, too, I just get errors on three files before it gives up. Recently, though, I have had netctl bootup while I've just been using the Pi. It runs through a few tasks, then authenticates and associates before closing down. This happens fairly often, but I'd imagine that's just it dropping out and logging back into my network. I also now often have, for example when searching pacman for packages, a long list of errors come up about duplicated files. This error also means I cannot run pacman -Syu. I don't believe that error is linked either, though, due to the fact that these errors do not mention any files related to X.org or Weston. Any help on getting any reasonable-quality GUI running, not just X.org or Wayland, is much appreciated.

Thank you.
Blaze5565

Re: Ras Pi 2 xorg-server Install Errors

Postby WarheadsSE » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:13 pm

You should not be having any issues with 404's if your indexes are up to date. If you are still having a problem, you need to confirm you are not being blocked somehow by a gateway proxy.
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Return to ARMv7h