cant make kodi work for odroid xu4

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the ARMv7h repo.

cant make kodi work for odroid xu4

Postby loredin » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:55 pm

Hi I just installed archlinux from scratch, here are the packages that I put :

xorg (with config related to exynos)
lxdm
lxde
xf86-video-armsoc-odroid
odroid-libgl
kodi-odroid

when starting kodi I get a crash and the following error in the log :

ERROR: failed to initialize egl display
loredin

Re: cant make kodi work for odroid xu4

Postby loredin » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:34 am

ok I think that I made some mistakes by choosing my packages at first, thanks pacman -Ss I was able to better identify what ar the ones valid for xu3/xu4 : so I replaced odroid-libgl with odroid-xu3-libgl-x11 and removed odroid-kodi since this is for other odroid products ?
I gave a try with the kodi-git from AUR although it is meant for i386 and x86_64.
I tried installing chromium and running videos there too.

I face now the same problem when running both chromium or kodi :

MESA-LOADER: failed to retrieve device information
libGL error: unable to load driver: exynos_dri.so
libGL error: driver pointer missing
libGL error: failed to load driver: exynos
ERROR: The DDK is not compatible with any of the Mali GPUs on the system.
The DDK was built for 0x620 r0p1 status range [0..15], but none of the GPUs matched.

I looked at many forums and old topics concerning this issue but it was talking about some compatibilty problem between mesa-libgl and prior odroid-libgl that I dont think I have here.

So can someone tell me where is the problem ?
loredin

Postby merlinux » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:45 pm

You might want to reinstall 'odroid-xu3-libgl-x11'
The package was broken as it was pointing to the wrong commit. It was fixed by kmihelich (see commit)
if you install this pkg and xf86-video-armsoc-odroid and add a xorg.conf (check meveric repository @ the odroid forums) it should give you a good starting environment to start thinking about kodi. You also need some udev rules for /dev/mali0 .I suppose this would work as I am using fairly modified PKGBUILDs for those pkgs.

To make sure you have a working base environment to install kodi just install glmark2, and check that glmark2-es2 tells you that you are in fact using the mali drivers. You can then discard any other msg about GL from programs as it is likely not the problem.
Now about kodi, I wish I could help you compile it but I have been busy trying to get a working retroarch environment working on x11 atm.Kodi is next on the list heh heh. But you could start by reading this thread and modifying the kodi-odroid PKGBUILD. that is what i am planning to do anyways and Ill report back when I get there :P
And also check the github account of "gripped", you might find some inspiration there...
merlinux

Postby merlinux » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:26 am

I've since took on the (personal) project to completely revamp gripped's repo for the XU3/XU4 including rebuilding a bunch of pkgs with neon enabled. I am a good way in with some success (just having problems with retroarch and some libretros) and I should post more info in the near future... And I also have another bunch of goodies on the way such as ppsspp and reicast.

Anyways back to topic... Ive compiled kodi successfully and you can find the PKGBUILD here
Make sure to read my comments in the PKGBUILD or compilation will fail (there is a bit of a mess in /usr/lib after a default install). Also I havent tested this in chroot or on a new install so I might have forgotten a makedepend... But it builds and work fine here.
merlinux

Postby JeromeJerome » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:45 pm

Hi merlinux,
I try your solution... git clone your codes, then i didn't really know to start from where... then try to install from odroid-xu3 directory, then install many dependencies... and then need at a moment library for neon things.
That was the end of the game, because binutils-neon needs gcc-neon, who needs glibc-neon who needs binutils-neon... impossible for me to install.
Could you please explain little bit more how to proceed from your git repo to see kodi running under odroid-xu4 nano-computer please ? (maybe from your eplication i should add a README.md page on the github repo for help other people like me if you are ok)
:D
JeromeJerome

Return to ARMv7h