MiraBox install instructions update

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the ARMv7h repo.

MiraBox install instructions update

Postby JamesHarris » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:37 am

I recently acquired a mirabox and attempted to use the install instructions at https://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv7/marvell/mirabox and I noticed a few things that were wrong or could be improved.
$this->bbcode_list('1')
  • The /etc/fstab has the vfat boot partition on /dev/sda1 that should be /dev/sdb1. The boot failed without this corrected.
  • While not required a fstab entry for / would be helpful, utilities such as dump/restore work better with it.
  • The install instructions untar the root then copy over the boot. This leads to two copies of the boot data (one hidden under a mount point). I suggest a better way to do the same thing is create a "root/boot" directory structure then mount the ext4 and vfat partitions correctly, then use bsdtar to install without the need for a copy. Eg "mkdir -p root/boot ; mount /dev/sdj2 root; mount /dev/sdj1 root/boot; bsdtar -xpf arch.tgz -C root; sync; umount root/boot; umount root"
  • JamesHarris

Return to ARMv7h