[SOLVED]mpv latest mpv-git doesnt support rpi videoaccel

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the ARMv7h repo.

[SOLVED]mpv latest mpv-git doesnt support rpi videoaccel

Postby acconciox » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:20 am

im talking about Raspberry Pi 3b, ffmpeg, mpv and h264 video acceleration, wich is --vo=rpi calling mpv
lately (after compiling ffmpeg with --enable for mmal omx and rpi) , i get no support from mpv-git, hardware acceleration video is gone, the waf configure says support for Raspberry NO, so for the moment i keep an older mpv-git source that's good for raspberry, (mpv --vo=rpi ....) Do you know if this is a bug or just they stopped support for rpi?
the new compile says that cant find bcm_host, but the file is in the right (in my opinion) place and works with old src of mpv-git. mpv at the moment is the most flexible media player even if has only 2 sizes, original and full screen, because the video acceleration is a real speed up (on h264) even compared with intel integrated gpu too older for vaapi support or compared to VC4 mesa. (to run VC4 i change config.txt and i rename 99-fbturbo...conf).
vlc installed from repo is too slow as mpv.

Any suggest?

i dont know if it helps, but there is a mpv-rpi fork on aur wich seems to work fine even if you have to install ffmpeg-mmal, i changed the PKGBUILDER from ffmpeg-mmal to ffmpeg-git compiling withi enables to encode also using h264_omx and enabling rpi decode not only mmal
acconciox

Return to ARMv7h