Installation on a asus c201p?

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the ARMv7h repo.

Installation on a asus c201p?

Postby harshbarj » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:40 pm

First let me thank everyone for their work here. I have a mostly fully working install of arch on a 32gb usb stick (just can't access the users control panel so I have to add and remove users via the terminal).

So as the title says I would like to install this on my c201p so I don't need to carry a usb stick with me. I have tried re-partitioning the emmc and it will not take a filesystem. Right now I am in the middle of a chrome os recovery as I did manage to wipe out the existing partitions.

My chromebook is running libreboot. I have installed Xorg, LightDm, and Mate on the usb stick and run the chrome os kernel.

Thanks for any suggestions.
harshbarj

Re: Installation on a asus c201p?

Postby harshbarj » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:56 am

My system is essentially bricked atm. I tried doing a recovery of the chrome OS and ended up turning off developer mode, which means I can't boot off an external device now. The recovery fails due to the firmware being libreboot. So right now the system can't boot at all. Is there a way to force the recovery, or edit the recovery drive and tell it to expect that firmware?

This is the point in the log file where it fails.

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'Starting Google_Veyron_Speedy firmware updater v4 (recovery)...
- Updater package: [Google_Veyron_Speedy.6588.237.0 / EC:speedy_v1.1.2712-242f6bd]
- Current system: [RO:libreboot-r20160907 , ACT:libreboot-r20160907 / EC:speedy_v1.1.2712-242f6bd]
- Write protection: Hardware: off, Software: Main=ON EC=off

Sorry, this firmware update is only for Google_Veyron_Speedy platform.
Your system (libreboot-r20160907) is either incompatible or using an
unknown version of firmware.

ERROR: Execution failed: ./updater4.sh (error code = 1)
WARNING: Primary GPT header is being ignored
Finished after 1 seconds.
Failed Command: /tmp/install-mount-point/usr/sbin/chromeos-firmwareupdate --mode=recovery - Exit Code 1
Firmware update failed (error code: 1).
Rolling back update due to failure installing required firmware.
Successfully updated GPT with all settings to rollback.')
harshbarj

Postby harshbarj » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:07 am

That was a quick fix. I decided from looking at the log it did a full recovery up to the point of the error and then it would undo the install. So I watched the flash drive activity light and killed the system when it stopped. It's now back up and running. Now to try and break it again :lol: .
harshbarj

Postby shami » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:40 am

Hello, I have the same problem. How did you manage to see ChromeOS recovery logs?
shami

Postby harshbarj » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:12 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('shami', 'H')ello, I have the same problem. How did you manage to see ChromeOS recovery logs?

Check the install media you used in another Linux computer. On my 4gb flash drive it was an ext2 partition called "STATE". Then just open the "recovery_logs" folder. Then look in the "recovery.log" file. You may have to dig as it logs everything it does.
harshbarj

Return to ARMv7h