Can I get some help on Samsung Chromebook?

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the ARMv7h repo.

Can I get some help on Samsung Chromebook?

Postby FinFET » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:07 am

Hello, masters

I'm a newbie newly entered to ALARM with Samsung Chromebook XE303C12 which is based on Exynos 5250 processor.

I've installed ALARM on its nand flash memory(mmcblk0) following ALARM wiki.
(https://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv ... chromebook)

I had successfully booted ALARM, configured networks, updated and installed LXDM for daily use, but LXDM suddenly restarts.

I mean when the situation that using graphics factors like moving mouse faster or clicking buttons, it suddenly stops and restarts everything from login screen. (not reboot.)

Could you give me some cure for this problem?
FinFET

Re: Can I get some help on Samsung Chromebook?

Postby summers » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:42 am

look in the logs to figure what went wrong: $this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'dmesg') and $this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log')
summers

Postby FinFET » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:58 pm

KakaoTalk_20180624_214511216.jpg
KakaoTalk_20180624_214511216.jpg (130.06 KiB) Viewed 2395 times

I have read the file and it seems that the error message is "Connection was disconnected before a reply was received" and "Connection is closed".

Is the constant restarting from errors on X?
FinFET

Postby summers » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:18 pm

Hi,

in $this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '/var/log/Xorg.0.log') the trick is the bits that start "(EE)" that means an error.

So the first errors you show are timer event3 related - I don't know what these mean (these days I run Wayland and not X on my main machine) - but thats the clue.

From lower down you see this leads to it can't get the keyboard and mouse - and removing those, and no way to log in. Thats probably why the DM restarts - as there is no way to log in.

But whats going wrong, I can't say - but it gives you something to dig into. X usually starts up well by itself these days, so confusing what has gone wrong ...
summers

Return to ARMv7h