Looking for alt .to Gobby or NextCloud as collab editors

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the ARMv7h repo.

Looking for alt .to Gobby or NextCloud as collab editors

Postby medicineman25 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:57 am

Trying to find a solution to my requirements. They are as follows:

-rasbpi/cubox
-external hdd's
-file server and collaborative editor (i.e. login via web-browser and edit files or even just edit files on the server in-situ)
-can access the files already on the drives attached to the server
-can upload and download files and folders to and from the server

Gobby seemed good until I found out that I can't open any files on the server, can only see folders and the dev team aren't responding.

Nextcloud looked good and then I found out Collabora isn't compatible with ARM devices because of the docker image and the no-docker aur package isn't compatible with ARMv7.

So please, if anyone has any ideas I would be most grateful.
medicineman25

Re: Looking for alt .to Gobby or NextCloud as collab editors

Postby medicineman25 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:43 pm

I have found a solution in the form of WebDAV. I can use WebDAV to remotely open and save directly to server, sure it's not collaborative editing but who cares... I'll deal with that later.

Basically Nextcloud supports WebDAV natively, only thing is you have to use the WebDAV address on the manual page https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/13/user_manual/files/access_webdav.html.

NOT the one that is provided in the cloud interface under 'Settings', this address is for legacy systems only.
medicineman25

Return to ARMv7h