"Fallback implementation of intl extension" php7

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the ARMv7h repo.

"Fallback implementation of intl extension" php7

Postby medicineman25 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:06 am

So php7 is whining about using a fallback version of php-intl and that I should install the native version located on the server apparently. This is happening when running NextCloud 14, nginx-mainline 1.5, php7 and php-fpm 7, however this issue has been noted on other forums as unrelated to NextCloud or Nginx and strictly related to the supporting OS.

Here is the error:

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('', 'Y')ou are using a fallback implementation of the intl extension. Installing the native one is highly recommended instead. at /usr/share/webapps/nextcloud/3rdparty/patchwork/utf8/src/Patchwork/Utf8/Bootup/intl.php#18

I have re-installed, uninstalled, restarted nginx, restarted the machine, stood on my head and thought about it really hard, sacrificed a goat and did a rain dance... nothing's working. Most of the fixes, even on github issues, details re-installing and restarting nginx and php-fpm. Which, as I said, I've done extensively.

So, two questions:

1. Does anyone know why this is happening?
2. Is there a way to install modules to php, using php as a command, that I haven't read about yet? i.e. like npm (I've
never really worked with php before)
3. Worse case, there is no fix (at least not one that is foreseeable), I would love to just turn off these annoying logs as there are other issues I am trying to diagnose but the log is flooded with this error.

Linux kernel:
3.14.79-3-ARCH

Package versions:
NextCloud 14
nginx-mainline 1.15.3-1
php 7.2.10-1
php-fpm 7.2.10-1
medicineman25

Re: "Fallback implementation of intl extension" php7

Postby medicineman25 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:31 am

Really guys... 32 views and not a single reply?

Anyone out there?
medicineman25

Postby medicineman25 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:39 am

***** it... just uninstalled php-intl.

Not sure how things work over here at the ARM side of Arch but I'm unable to flag a package or leave comments with the maintainer. If someone would be so kind as to chat with the maintainer of the ARMv7 php-intl package and kindly notify them of this issue.

Thanks
medicineman25

Postby TheSaint » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:00 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('medicineman25', 'R')eally guys... 32 views and not a single reply?

Yeah, but you should deduct the google bot and other searching engines :D
TheSaint

Return to ARMv7h