[nzbget] [sonarr] crashing after running for a longer time

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the ARMv7h repo.

[nzbget] [sonarr] crashing after running for a longer time

Postby HydroDiOxide » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:44 pm

Hi there,

I got a Pi2 running nzbget, sonarr and radarr as a systemd service. About a week back I started having problems with reaching the webinterfaces, specifically after they've been running for a longer time. Systemctl status shows that the services are active, though. A reboot of the Pi2 solves that problem for a while, but then, after a couple of hours, usually sooner, I have to reboot again. I haven't experienced this behaviour before.

A bit more details:
nzbget hangs at the 'Loading... please wait' page most of the time. When this is the case, I can connect to the server through a terminal. After a longer time the loading page doesn't show either. No way of reaching it through a terminal then either. Restarting the service doesn't do anything, still hangs at Loading. I can reach the server through a terminal after restarting the service.
Restarting the service does help for sonarr, but just for a short while.
Radarr is doing better and can be reached for a longer time span, but most of its pages hang in loading as well after a while and then it fails altogether. Restarting the service works for radarr as well.

Any idea what could cause this problem and how to fix it?
Last edited by HydroDiOxide on Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HydroDiOxide

Re: [nzbget] [sonarr] crashing after running for a longer ti

Postby HydroDiOxide » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:38 pm

Anyone got any clue? Maybe what logs to check to see what is happening? Or am I posting in the wrong sub forum?
HydroDiOxide

Postby HydroDiOxide » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:17 pm

I did some more testing and I'm pretty sure I found the cause. All three packages are configured to use storage on a different box. A NAS in my network. I've mounted a couple of shares on the Pi2. However the NAS isn't always running. When it's down the mounts aren't accessible, obviously. I think this is where the problems start.

The other day I did a reboot when the NAS was down, so the (systemctl) mounts weren't up in the first place. All three programs kept on working just fine.

Like I said in my start post, the strange thing is this setup has run fine for a year and a half and started acting up about two weeks ago.

Any help welcome.
HydroDiOxide

Postby HydroDiOxide » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:29 pm

I should have made this connection earlier, but I didn't: the behaviour described in the issue above in the end leads to the Pi2 crashing altogether. I can't ssh into it any more and have to pull the power.
HydroDiOxide

Return to ARMv7h