Problems with php-imagick

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the ARMv7h repo.

Problems with php-imagick

Postby whatshisname » Sat May 02, 2020 3:20 pm

Running latest version of Arch on my Raspberry Pi 3.

I process images in an online app.

Haven't tried it in just over a month. Getting errors today. PHP doesn't seem to be completely loading the imagick module:

% php -v
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'imagick' (tried: /usr/lib/php/modules/imagick (/usr/lib/php/modules/imagick: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/lib/php/modules/imagick.so (libMagickWand-7.Q16HDRI.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0
PHP 7.4.5 (cli) (built: Apr 15 2020 18:18:28) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.4.0, Copyright (c) Zend Technologies
')
yet

% ll /usr/lib/php/modules/imagick.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 304K Mar 8 12:02 /usr/lib/php/modules/imagick.so
')
The lack of "libMagickWand-7.Q16HDRI.so.7" appears to be the problem.
% ll /usr/include/ImageMagick-7/
total 12K
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4.0K Apr 29 08:08 Magick++
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4.0K Apr 29 08:08 MagickCore
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4.0K Apr 29 08:08 MagickWand
')
There is an "/usr/include/ImageMagick-7/MagickWand" folder but it's empty, as are the other two..

Suggestions?
whatshisname

[SOLVED] Re: Problems with php-imagick

Postby whatshisname » Sun May 03, 2020 6:14 pm

I kept futzing around with this problem. Here's what I did. Not quite sure why it worked.

The errors I kept getting had to do with the lack of libMagicWand-7
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'imagick' (tried: /usr/lib/php/modules/imagick (/usr/lib/php/modules/imagick: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/lib/php/modules/imagick.so (libMagickWand-7.Q16HDRI.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0
')
ImageMagick just moved to version 7. I figured the version 7.0 packages aren't complete so why not downgrade?

I went to the ArchLinux ARM archives, http://tardis.tiny-vps.com/aarm/package ... gemagick6/, grabbed the latest version of ImageMagick 6, and installed it. That gave me some of the version 6 libraries.

Still getting errors, I did a "pacman -Syu". Pacman upgraded the ImageMagick package to 7 again but left the old libraries behind.

Now everything works.

YMMV.
whatshisname

Return to ARMv7h