Help with new installation on RPi3 B +

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the ARMv7h repo.

Help with new installation on RPi3 B +

Postby propkop » Wed May 27, 2020 6:13 pm

Hi,

I'm new to this forum an to Arch (have some experience with other distros, mainly Debian based on PC and RPi's) and just installed Arch ARM on an RPi 3B+ with the intention of running Docker on it.

I installed using the instructions on this forum for the RPi 3 and got the machine to boot, logged in, changed time zone and all the other initial housekeeping things. However, when trying to install docker I hit the first hurdle, wget does not seem to be included in the build. (For clarity, I've been running all commands as root.)
No worries, I Googled how to install using pacman I faced the next problem, I got errors that the keyring was not writeable. Googled again and I think I got that solved (pacman-key --init). Then ran pacman -Syu to update the system. Here I get a lot of errors when the PGP keys are imported that it could not be found remotely. I have to click "Y" through a hell of a lot of files.

I need some help to get further. Not sure if there's something wrong with my installation and it would be better to just start over.
Arch looks cool and I really want to base my build on it. It's different to what I'm used to but that's no problem. Googling this has not really yielded anything useful so I thought I'd seek some help here.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Regards,
PK
propkop

Re: Help with new installation on RPi3 B +

Postby propkop » Wed May 27, 2020 6:30 pm

I managed to solve it with (a lot) more Googling.
I had to run both the following commands to resolve the keyring errors.

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'pacman-key --init
pacman-key --populate archlinuxarm')

After that installation of packages using pacman was a breeze.
propkop

Re: Help with new installation on RPi3 B +

Postby moonman » Thu May 28, 2020 10:50 pm

Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Return to ARMv7h