No CEC after upgrade

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the ARMv7h repo.

No CEC after upgrade

Postby burnout » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:29 pm

Hi,

I've just upgraded my raspberry 4 to the latest packages available in the repos (kodi-rpi-19, kernel 5.10.17, new libcec build...) but, when launching kodi, libcec shows a pop up similar to "connecting to...". Usually this ended with "connected", but after the upgrade and rebooting, libcec no longer works.

I've tried to remove the /var/lib/kodi directory and try with a new config, but the same happens. I don't know how to debug this and any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
burnout

Re: No CEC after upgrade

Postby graysky » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:07 pm

Did you modify /boot/config.txt as directed by pacman?
graysky
Developer

Postby burnout » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:47 pm

Yes, in fact, before restarting, I was using kodi-rpi-git (19rc1) with a custom build libcec, so it could use the linux cec instead of the raspberry one. Basically, the same as the new, official one (libcec-rpi-6.0.2-3).
Before posting previous post, I have switch kodi-rpi-git to kodi-rpi and libcec to the official one.

config.txt:

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '
# See /boot/overlays/README for all available options

dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d
initramfs initramfs-linux.img followkernel

[all]
include kodi.config.txt
')

kodi.config.txt:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '
dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d,cma-512
dtoverlay=rpivid-v4l2
disable_overscan=1
disable_fw_kms_setup=1
')
burnout

Postby graysky » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:21 pm

If you're updated and using kms, it should work. There are known incompatibilities with some cables but if it worked previously that is unlikely. Output from kodi.log telling? Using cec cli interface?
graysky
Developer

Postby burnout » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:49 pm

Apologies for wasting your time... Turns out that somebody at home disconnected the HDMI, and plugged to the wrong HDMI output... resulting in CEC not working. Again, sorry.

Regards,
burnout

Return to ARMv7h