Can't ssh into root - lime2

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the ARMv7h repo.

Can't ssh into root - lime2

Postby fch07 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:43 pm

I just installed arch on a lime2, micro SD, but I can't ssh into root.
[code]$ sshmake_clickable_callback(MAGIC_URL_EMAIL, ' ', 'root@192.168.1.235', '', '')make_clickable_callback(MAGIC_URL_EMAIL, '
', 'root@192.168.1.235', '', '')'s password:
Permission denied, please try again.
[/code]
I modified the /etc/ssh/sshd_config file and changed permitrootlogin to yes, but it does not hold the change apparently. I edit it with nano than ctrl+O and ctrl+X.
But if I turn the lime2, get Permission denied. Then remove the µSD and put it into my PC permitrootlogin is not set to yes.
fch07

Re: Can't ssh into root - lime2

Postby jclds139 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:49 pm

Hm. First thing I'd double check is that you edited the sd card's `/etc/ssh/sshd_config` and not your local machine. Assuming that's fine, is there a strict reason you have to ssh as root and not ssh as a user and not `sudo -i` your way to a root shell? Or, can you set up `/root/.ssh/authorized_keys` so you can use the default `PermitRootLogin prohobit-password`?

Barring all of those options, make sure you run `sync` and/or properly unmount the sd card before moving it to the Lime2 to make sure the write cache is flushed.
jclds139

Return to ARMv7h