Odroid C1, no network at startup (status 226/NAMESPACE)

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the ARMv7h repo.

Odroid C1, no network at startup (status 226/NAMESPACE)

Postby MichelPeseur » Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:35 am

Hi, this post is kind of follow-up for [url]https://archlinuxarm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=16449[/url] (I don't know why i couldn't make a link with the editor...).

Indeed, I have a working install, however, I can't get connection at boot. I have plugged the odroid on a HDMI screen and I can see the console. If I issue [code]sudo dhcpcd eth0[/code], it works and I can access the odroid through ssh. However, I can't get network at startup. I have tried NetworkManager, netctl, systemd-networkd and dhcpcd services without success. What I have mostly is [code](code=exited, status=226/NAMESPACE)[/code] in systemd units.

I am afraid there is an incompatibility between systemd version and older odroid c1 kernel 3.10 but I am not sure. I have installed mainline kernel which is supposed to work headless, but it boots and does not connect so service fails too, and I am unable to debug because HDMI is not working with mainline kernel.
I am stuck a bit. What can I do to get auto connect working at startup ?

Thanks for your help
MichelPeseur

Return to ARMv7h