Raspi 3b - Chromium complains about wrong library versions

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the ARMv7h repo.

Raspi 3b - Chromium complains about wrong library versions

Postby armurino » Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:25 am

I just freshly installed archlinux-arm on a Raspi 3b and the installed chromium, but when I try to run it I get
[code]
/usr/lib/chromium/chromium: error while loading shared libraries: libicui18n.so.71: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[/code]
So I had a look in /usr/lib and it has
[code]
$ ls /usr/lib/libicui18n.so*
/usr/lib/libicui18n.so /usr/lib/libicui18n.so.73 /usr/lib/libicui18n.so.73.2
[/code]
All packages are up to date, as I did "pacman -Syu" right after I installed the initial system, and I had rebooted afterwards too, so all packages are the latest version.

To install, I followedmake_clickable_callback(MAGIC_URL_FULL, '
', 'https://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv8/broadcom/raspberry-pi-3', '', ' class="postlink"')
However, I'm now not sure what subforum to post in, ARMv7h or ARMv8, as the Pi hardware and title of that install website is ARMv8 but the actual installation instructions are for downloading and installing ARMv7 software.
Since the installed OS had the filename "ArchLinuxARM-rpi-armv7-latest.tar.gz" I chose to post in the ARMv7h subforum.

Edit: It seems this forum is currently broken? I see 'code' tags appear as actual text instead of creating code tags, and the URL in my posting is also showing the callback code instead of a clickable URL.
armurino

Re: Raspi 3b - Chromium complains about wrong library versio

Postby mikasa » Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:12 am

I suggest addressing the library version mismatch issue in Chromium by first ensuring that all dependencies are correctly installed. Additionally, consider verifying library paths and, if necessary, reinstalling Chromium.
mikasa

Return to ARMv7h