Frustratingly Restricted

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the ARMv7h repo.

Frustratingly Restricted

Postby schmidtbag » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:18 am

I have the UDOO quad, which unfortunately is tied down to the 3.0.35 kernel. I have a slew of issues but I'm trying to knock them out 1 problem at a time.

My first issue is the eGalax touchscreen I have. Simply put, it isn't recognized as an input device. It works fine on other ARM platforms as well as an x86 system I have. The problem is I don't know how to install the xf86-input-egalax or xf86-input-evtouch drivers. Supposing I do, I'm not sure they'll actually fix the problem. I can't install from the AUR because of some CA certification issue.

On the note of being unable to install from the AUR, I also can't get Firefox or Iceweasel from the AUR. Is there some reason I can't even edit the pkgbuilds? I understand the purpose of excluding firefox from the main repos, but I'm intending to use it for a specific purpose, where there won't be many memory issues.
schmidtbag

Re: Frustratingly Restricted

Postby WarheadsSE » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:24 pm

The fact that you are getting certificate issues with the AUR is, well, odd.

There is also no reason you can't edit the AUR packages, once you have them downloaded.
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Postby schmidtbag » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:21 pm

I thought it was odd too, especially considering I do have the ca-certificates package installed. Is there a way around it, or something that can cause it to screw up? I was thinking the date/time might have something to do with it but I'm really not sure.

I'd gladly edit the AUR packages if yaourt could get as far as asking "do you want to edit the PKGBUILD?" but it the certificate thing holds it back.
schmidtbag

Postby WarheadsSE » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:29 pm

There is a good fact that your date being wonk could indeed cause certificate problems. Get that straight and try again.
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Postby schmidtbag » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:01 pm

Oh cool that actually worked. Unfortunately, I still can't install xf86-input-evdev. I set the architecture to armv7h but it streams compile errors with the evtouch.c and evtouch.h files, with the majority of them complaining about type name "LocalDevicePtr" and a type argument of "have 'int'".

As for egalax, it fails to download the file - must be a server problem, or maybe the file got obsoleted. I'm not confident the egalax driver will successfully install anyway since its proprietary.

Any ideas? I'd like to use the Freescale 3.5 or 3.10 kernel, both of which are known to fix this problem I have, but I'm not sure how to install them.
schmidtbag

Return to ARMv7h