MiraBox setenv settings for NAND boot

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the ARMv7h repo.

MiraBox setenv settings for NAND boot

Postby fcallnet » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:22 pm

I have managed to wedge my system and don't have an obvious way to fix it. Does anyone have a new and untainted Mirabox and can they please do a printenv and show me the settings used for NAND boot?

I think (cannot be certain) I have loaded the proper boot and root images, but again, the documentation is unclear. Is there a definitive current factory image of these areas that I can use to - essentially - get my system back to where it started?

If these things don't exist, I would happily create a Web page somewhere with the exact actions and commands required, once I can get them identified. And for those who wonder, yes I have already tried all of the various online assistance lists, including the methods contained herein and things pointed to by them.
fcallnet

Re: MiraBox setenv settings for NAND boot

Postby kmihelich » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:09 pm

NAND booting for this distribution won't happen until kernel 3.14, for now you can only use the micro SD as our instructions state.

The original shipped system, guides, etc, is all available here: https://code.google.com/p/mirabox/downloads/list
Arch Linux ARM exists and continues to grow through community support, please donate today!
kmihelich
Developer

Postby fcallnet » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:59 pm

These do not appears to work as indicated. Please provide specific and complete instructions on how to use them to reload the system to factory shipped settings and content. I have spent a day trying a variety of approaches, none of which have worked, and the site identified provides no instructions to this effect.

I am running a Linux distribution from which I am trying to get things reloaded, and have the serial port working, micro-SD cards in hand, etc.
fcallnet

Postby kmihelich » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:03 pm

Those aren't our files or system. Go demand someone else to provide you complete instructions.
Arch Linux ARM exists and continues to grow through community support, please donate today!
kmihelich
Developer

Postby fcallnet » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:07 pm

I am confused... not exactly new...

You said: "Those aren't our files or system" after previously saying "NAND booting for this distribution won't happen until kernel 3.14, for now you can only use the micro SD as our instructions state. The original shipped system, guides, etc, is all available here: https://code.google.com/p/mirabox/downloads/list"

"our instructions state" - "aren't our files or system". Are you saying that you wrote the instructions (which are not there) but not the system or files (which are there)? If so, where are the instructions you wrote?
fcallnet

Postby kmihelich » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:18 pm

kmihelich
Developer

Postby fcallnet » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:33 pm

I followed those instructions, but the system that came up was different from the one originally delivered. For example, it does not have apt-get installed, nor does it do many of the other things the installed system did.

My question was intended to identify how to get a system that works like the one purchased. Do you have instructions or a system image that is consistent with what was delivered in the product? If so, please make it available so we can use it.
fcallnet

Postby kmihelich » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:34 pm

No, we don't. The files I linked previously are the original system, and like I said they aren't ours and we don't provide support for them.
kmihelich
Developer

Postby fcallnet » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:40 pm

I am starting to understand - but not really. Who does put the software in the product you sell? Or do you not sell it or make it and only write the install instructions? Who would I contact to get to the actual people that sell and make these things (if different the ones who make it and install the software) so I could get the actual installed software for the system I purchased? Or do you not know that?
fcallnet

Postby kmihelich » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:42 pm

I don't have any idea how you came to the conclusion we sell anything. Try that little known thing called Google.
kmihelich
Developer

Return to ARMv7h