Cubieboard 2 installation instructions not working

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the ARMv7h repo.

Re: Cubieboard 2 installation instructions not working

Postby kmihelich » Thu May 01, 2014 11:06 pm

None of our installations are by default set up to output to connected displays. Whether or not that happened in the past is irrelevant, and lack of video is not a diagnosis. We provide a base system with DHCP set up on ethernet and ssh enabled. Beyond that is on you, just like a normal x86 Arch Linux installation. If you want everything set up for you out of the box, this is not the distribution you should be using.
Arch Linux ARM exists and continues to grow through community support, please donate today!
kmihelich
Developer

Postby neoncortex » Fri May 02, 2014 10:07 am

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('', 'N')one of our installations are by default set up to output to connected displays. Whether or not that happened in the past is irrelevant, and lack of video is not a diagnosis. We provide a base system with DHCP set up on ethernet and ssh enabled. Beyond that is on you, just like a normal x86 Arch Linux installation. If you want everything set up for you out of the box, this is not the distribution you should be using.

It seems it was my fault to to assume that no video output implies that the system wasn't loading.
Since the last release had video output i was expecting output in this one. And i never even tried to search for the system on my network :oops:

@kmihelich
Thanks for pushing me into the right direction. Everything seems to be running as expected.
neoncortex

Postby joselalupa » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:02 pm

i have some issues with cb2 too, i follow the steps, copy paste so no writing errors, subtituded sdx by mmcblk0 and mmcblk0p1 respectively....arm dont boot, the system in nand always boot....any idea or help?
joselalupa

Previous

Return to ARMv7h